Total financial services industry deals for December 2019 worth $32bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 23.7% over the previous month and a rise of 21.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $26.4bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 2.4% over the last 12-month average with 286 deals against the average of 293 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $11.61bn.
Financial services industry deals in December 2019: Top deals
The top five financial services deals accounted for 47.7% of the overall value during December 2019.
The combined value of the top five financial services deals stood at $15.27bn, against the overall value of $32bn recorded for the month.
The top five financial services industry deals of December 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- New York Life Insurance’s $6.3bn asset transaction with Cigna
- The $4.27bn acquisition of ReAssure Group by Phoenix Group Holdings
- FOINS BLOCKCHAIN’s $2.1bn acquisition of AliExchange
- The $1.35bn acquisition of PT Bank Permata by Bangkok Bank Public
- Resolution Life Holdings’ asset transaction with Voya Financial for $1.25bn.