Total insurance industry deals for Q3 2019 worth $15.17bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 51% over the previous quarter and a drop of 27.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $20.84bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 13.1% over the last four-quarter average with 302 deals against the average of 267 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $9.27bn.
Insurance industry deals in Q3 2019: Top deals
The top five insurance deals accounted for 65.5% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five insurance deals stood at $9.93bn, against the overall value of $15.17bn recorded for the month.
The top five insurance industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Prudential Financial’s $3.5bn acquisition of Assurance IQ
- The $3.01bn acquisition of SCB Life Assurance Public by FWD Group Financial Services
- Brookfield Business Partners’ $1.93bn acquisition of Genworth MI Canada
- The $753.3m acquisition of Frank Cowan and The Guaranteeof North America by Intact Financial
- Allianz’s asset transaction with Sul America for $741.72m.